My training and experience
- I have practised as a speech and language therapist for 30 years. I worked in the NHS for more than 20 years, gaining very broad experience and have worked independently since 2007.
- My skills are in treating a range of communication difficulties. I have worked in a variety of settings, including leading London hospitals. I have often worked in multi-disciplinary teams so have gained valuable experience from the skills of other professionals.
- I place a strong emphasis on continuing professional development. This has involved extensive specialist training and a Masters degree in Human Communication.
- I have run courses on clinical skills for speech and language therapists and have published articles about therapy.
- I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council - this protects your interests as a client.
- I am a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- As a member of the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice I keep in touch with other therapists who work independently.
- I keep up-to-date with new developments in all areas of work that I am involved with. My interest in the latest research and commitment to regular supervision maintain the effectiveness of my clinical work.
Find out about recent developments in my practice by clicking here.